Monday, October 25, 2010

Life Gets Better

I decided to take a trip down memory lane today and think about where I was at this time last year. I think my blog post from October 25th, 2009 says it all:

"FML


i woke up at 6 am to grade papers".

And that was a Sunday!

It is easy for me to get caught up in complaining about how hard x,y, and z is (mainly because I'm a wimp), so it is nice to have this very real reminder that things are actually pretty good for me right now. Life gets better. Sure, it probably gets worse too - at least sometimes. But, I believe that eventually everything will even out. Last year on this date I had to wake up ungodly early on the weekend to get some grading done, but this year I got to sleep in and spend all day working from home. And by working, I mean avoiding my real statistics work to blog and think about dinner.   

twice baked potato for dinner. yes please! image source.


What were you doing this time last year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a good reminder... I always get caught up in the complaints. A year ago, I was going insane because we still lived with roommates who weren't paying rent on time or their half of the bills. It was a nightmare! It's wonderful to be on our own now.